servlet running under Apache

Discussion in 'Java' started by cji_work@yahoo.com, May 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi forks,
    I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
    to have them runing under apache.

    Following are what I have done so far.
    I searched google and found a "mod_jserv" package which may enabled the
    servlet running under Apache ... downloaded all the necessary packages
    on linux to try to build the jar file... found a problem during the jar
    file build...searched the google again to see if there is similiar
    issue ... found a lot of posting of the same issue at the same place
    where I was stucked... AND these postings are 5 years old !!!

    So
    1. Is mod_JSEV is still the latest way to have servlet working under
    Apache ?
    2. If it is, can someone still remember the answer to this questiion:
    http://archive.apache.org/gnats/4546
    3. If it is not, could someone point me the way to do it in current
    day.
    4. I know how it works by some commercial software. But I want to know
    the answer if users are using the open software.

    The pacges that I am using to build this jar files are:
    1. jdk1.4.2_07
    2. JSDK2.0
    3. ApacheJServ-1.1.2

    thanks a lot and have a great weekend.

    -CJI
    , May 21, 2005

  2. Wendy Smoak Guest

    Wendy Smoak, May 21, 2005

  3. Ross Bamford Guest

    On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 16:12 -0700, wrote:
    > Hi forks,
    > I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
    > to have them runing under apache.

    The way I do it here is have Tomcat restricted to the local interface on
    8080, and then proxy it out through Apache on port 80. That way, I'm
    using a Servlet Container to run my servlets ;)

    You can also do it backwards using 'connectors' but this is a ridiculous
    exercise unless you have special requirements (clustering, load
    balancing, etc).

    --
    [Ross A. Bamford] [ross AT the.website.domain]
    Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF
    Ross Bamford, May 21, 2005
  4. Juha Laiho Guest

    said:
    >Hi forks,
    >I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
    >to have them runing under apache.
    >
    >Following are what I have done so far.
    >I searched google and found a "mod_jserv" package which may enabled the
    >servlet running under Apache

    Consider jserv an ancient ancestor of Tomcat. It's been obsolete and
    unmaintained for quite some time. Then just connect your Apache and
    Tomcat - either by proxying or by mod_jk connector.
    --
    Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland
    Juha Laiho, May 21, 2005
  5. Although it is an old fashoned way to run a servlet on Apache in combination
    with Jserv I do it and it works fine.
    It took me some time ( :) to point the jserv.properties and the
    servlet.properties to the java-files.
    Can you specify your question?
    Loek Raemakers, May 21, 2005