servlet running under Apache

cji_work

Hi forks,
I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
to have them runing under apache.

Following are what I have done so far.
I searched google and found a "mod_jserv" package which may enabled the
servlet running under Apache ... downloaded all the necessary packages
on linux to try to build the jar file... found a problem during the jar
file build...searched the google again to see if there is similiar
issue ... found a lot of posting of the same issue at the same place
where I was stucked... AND these postings are 5 years old !!!

So
1. Is mod_JSEV is still the latest way to have servlet working under
Apache ?
2. If it is, can someone still remember the answer to this questiion:
http://archive.apache.org/gnats/4546
3. If it is not, could someone point me the way to do it in current
day.
4. I know how it works by some commercial software. But I want to know
the answer if users are using the open software.

The pacges that I am using to build this jar files are:
1. jdk1.4.2_07
2. JSDK2.0
3. ApacheJServ-1.1.2

thanks a lot and have a great weekend.

-CJI

Ross Bamford

Hi forks,
I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
to have them runing under apache.

The way I do it here is have Tomcat restricted to the local interface on
8080, and then proxy it out through Apache on port 80. That way, I'm
using a Servlet Container to run my servlets ;)

You can also do it backwards using 'connectors' but this is a ridiculous
exercise unless you have special requirements (clustering, load
balancing, etc).

Juha Laiho

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi forks,
I used to have servet/jsp runing under tomcat, now I want to give a try
to have them runing under apache.

Following are what I have done so far.
I searched google and found a "mod_jserv" package which may enabled the
servlet running under Apache

Consider jserv an ancient ancestor of Tomcat. It's been obsolete and
unmaintained for quite some time. Then just connect your Apache and
Tomcat - either by proxying or by mod_jk connector.

Loek Raemakers

Although it is an old fashoned way to run a servlet on Apache in combination
with Jserv I do it and it works fine.
It took me some time ( :) to point the jserv.properties and the
servlet.properties to the java-files.
Can you specify your question?