Servlet To Java Application Communication

Anast

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to write a Java servlet that it will be able to
connect with a database (mySQL) and search its contents (using JDBC).
Then, I would like to build a java application (NOT an applet), so
that it would be able to search for queries the database, and display
the results. Have you got any working examples that demonstrate the
previous described functionality or any similar? I have already
installed Tomcat with Java Connector and MySQL in my box and work
fine. Any help would be appreciable.

Many thanks in advance.