servlets, war files, proper installation...

Discussion in 'Java' started by 6e, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. 6e

    6e Guest

    I need some guidance.

    1.
    When I create a war file for servlet deplyoment in tomcat, how can I
    get the servlet to be installed and recognized in the appropriate
    location?

    for instance I know that I need to install my servlets in:
    "[Tomcat Home]\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes"

    however when I add the war file to [Tomcat_Home], it installs it
    into [Tomcat_Home]

    2.
    When I install a packaged class (ie. phone.directory), it SHOULD be in
    a folder strucure of Phone/directory in the "classes" directory. But
    if this is the case, the servlet is not found... I have to resort back
    to the default package for these items to be recognized... so how do I
    get these classes to be found in their proper directory structure?

    THanks!

    6e, Apr 19, 2005