    No One Guest

    I have several years experience with Servlets under JSP and Components
    under ATG's Dynamo. Is there an ASP.Net equivalent to either?
    No One, Oct 15, 2004

  2. No One

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Hard to say. Is an esxpresso machine equivalent to a percolator? In some
    ways, yes. In others, no. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter, as
    you're not likely to be making espresso in a percolator, or brewed coffee in
    an espresso machine.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Oct 15, 2004
  4. "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message
    > "No One" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have several years experience with Servlets under JSP and Components
    >> under ATG's Dynamo. Is there an ASP.Net equivalent to either?

    > Not really - the closest .NET equivalent to a servlet is an HttpHandler...
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/dnaspp/html/ASPNet-JSPMig-JavaServlets.asp
    > http://www.theserverside.net/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=26755

    I'm only just learning J2EE, but it looked to me like HttpHandlers were a
    close equivalent to servlets. Did I miss a difference?

    -----
    John Saunders
    John Saunders, Oct 15, 2004
  5. No One

    Mark Rae Guest

    "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    > "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message
    >> "No One" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have several years experience with Servlets under JSP and Components
    >>> under ATG's Dynamo. Is there an ASP.Net equivalent to either?

    >> Not really - the closest .NET equivalent to a servlet is an
    >> HttpHandler...
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/dnaspp/html/ASPNet-JSPMig-JavaServlets.asp
    >> http://www.theserverside.net/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=26755

    > I'm only just learning J2EE, but it looked to me like HttpHandlers were a
    > close equivalent to servlets. Did I miss a difference?

    Er, no you didn't...as I said above, "the closest .NET equivalent to a
    servlet is an HttpHandler..."
    Mark Rae, Oct 16, 2004
  6. "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message
    > "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mark Rae" <> wrote in message
    >>> "No One" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not really - the closest .NET equivalent to a servlet is an
    >>> HttpHandler...
    >>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/dnaspp/html/ASPNet-JSPMig-JavaServlets.asp
    >>> http://www.theserverside.net/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=26755

    >> I'm only just learning J2EE, but it looked to me like HttpHandlers were a
    >> close equivalent to servlets. Did I miss a difference?

    > Er, no you didn't...as I said above, "the closest .NET equivalent to a
    > servlet is an HttpHandler..."

    Sorry, I guess I missed your "Not really".

    -----
    John Saunders
    John Saunders, Oct 18, 2004