    So what can I do??

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com
    marc, Jul 14, 2003

  2. marc

    Ray at Guest

    Use a database.

    Ray at work

    "marc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to store the link of the page that each user of my web site visited

    so it can help me to personalise information for each user depending on the
    pages visited.

    > I don''t know what kind of variable should I use...
    >
    > If I understand well, a Session variable is deleted when the session end

    so when a user close the browser and then reconnect to my web site, the
    session variables used the first time will be deleted and I can''t keep
    track of the pages visited.

    > Same thing for the application variable except that the variables will be

    deleted when the application stops.

    Ray at, Jul 14, 2003

  3. marc

    Chris Barber Guest

    Session and application state are for maintaining stste variable
    (server-side) across page requests. To re-identify a browser that is comin
    back to the site then look at using cookies. You can also implement a login
    and use a database to store the user and password that they use for the
    login.

    Chris.

    Chris Barber, Jul 14, 2003