Session an Application variables

marc

I want to store the link of the page that each user of my web site visited so it can help me to personalise information for each user depending on the pages visited.

I don''t know what kind of variable should I use...

If I understand well, a Session variable is deleted when the session end so when a user close the browser and then reconnect to my web site, the session variables used the first time will be deleted and I can''t keep track of the pages visited.

Same thing for the application variable except that the variables will be deleted when the application stops.

So what can I do??

Ray at

Use a database.

Ray at work

marc said:
I want to store the link of the page that each user of my web site visited
so it can help me to personalise information for each user depending on the
pages visited.
I don''t know what kind of variable should I use...

If I understand well, a Session variable is deleted when the session end
so when a user close the browser and then reconnect to my web site, the
session variables used the first time will be deleted and I can''t keep
track of the pages visited.
Same thing for the application variable except that the variables will be
deleted when the application stops.

Chris Barber

Session and application state are for maintaining stste variable
(server-side) across page requests. To re-identify a browser that is comin
back to the site then look at using cookies. You can also implement a login
and use a database to store the user and password that they use for the
login.

Chris.