session & application variables not working in Win2003/IIS 6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by NewbieDev, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. NewbieDev

    NewbieDev Guest

    Hi,

    I've Googled high & low on this subject and found that a lot of people have
    experienced similar problems.

    Basically, I have a web service that uses both session & application
    variables. Everything works fine on my machine, which is running XP Pro but
    when I deploy to my production server which is running Win2003 & IIS 6, I get
    an "Object variable or With Block variable not set." error.

    I've read some posts that mention about properly instantiating objects with
    "New". Perhaps this could be the problem. Or maybe the authentication
    setting (or some other setting in IIS) isn't properly set.

    Anyway, if someone can shed some light on this, I would much appreciate it.

    Regards,

    ND
    NewbieDev, Apr 25, 2006

  2. NewbieDev

    NewbieDev Guest

    BTW, I do use a Global.asax and instantiate my application variables in
    Application_Start and the session vars in Session_Start.

    Do I need to add the Global.asax file in the output of the setup project?

    NewbieDev, Apr 25, 2006