Session & Cookies Advice

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Don Grover, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Don Grover

    Don Grover Guest

    I have to modify a site that uses both Cookies & & Session variables,
    (Array)
    So that it reports back in a web page if they have cookies or Session
    variables security high or locked out.
    Im having problem where IT staff are setting security so high that the site
    wont displau and just gives an error.
    As soon as I told the person to reset there browser to default it worked ok.
    Error was: 'A run time error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 298
    Error: object expected

    How can I check for cookies and session variables enable and is there
    anything else I should check for ?,.

    This may make you laugh !
    Client> No I have not installed any new programs.
    Me> Have you done anything ?
    Client> Only Re-Installed windows XP from the CD
    Me> Well that is a very large program.

    Don

    Don Grover, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Don Grover

    Ray at Guest

    That error message sounds like the one you get when there's an error with
    ~client~ side code. Do a view-source, paste the source into a text editor
    with line numbers, and see what's on line 298. Or, if you're running
    Notepad 2000 or higher, do a Ctrl+G to jump to line 298. (I believe that
    Notepad 4.0 does not have this, but maybe it does.)

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Don Grover

    Don Grover Guest

    It was security set to high and Javascript turned off.
    Ill go over to Javascript NG and find out how to handle this \
    Thanks Ray.

    message news:%23EVpG35$...

    Don Grover, Mar 1, 2004