session ... critical section problem in vb+asp dot net

asimeerza

hi all

i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on..

i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so there is possibility that session access by more than one simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.

i m facing same problem.

if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent

any clue, how to face this session critical section problem

regards

Bob Barrows

asimeerza said:
hi all,

i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links
at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my
applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before
the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on...

i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to
respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so
there is possibility that session access by more than one
simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.

i m facing same problem.

if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click
the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent.

any clue, how to face this session critical section problem.

regards

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you can
eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

cp'ed and follow-ups set to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

HTH,
Bob Barrows