    if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent

    any clue, how to face this session critical section problem

    regards

    asimeerza, Feb 27, 2004

  2. asimeerza

    Bob Barrows Guest

    asimeerza wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links
    > at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my
    > applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before
    > the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on...
    >
    > i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to
    > respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so
    > there is possibility that session access by more than one
    > simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.
    >
    > i m facing same problem.
    >
    > if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click
    > the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent.
    >
    > any clue, how to face this session critical section problem.
    >
    > regards

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you can
    eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    cp'ed and follow-ups set to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET