Session ending prematurely - Forms Authentication

Guest

We are having a problem with sessions ending sooner then they should. We
have a two server web garden, both servers have identical machine keys. I'm
storing session state in Sql Server. Sessions expire in 20 minutes even
though I have changed the settings in the web.config, for both the forms
authentication as well as the session. I have the timeout set for 90, but
still times out in 20 minutes. I copied the entire website down to my local
development machine, fired it up and it times out correctly in 90 minutes.
The web servers are 2003 and the development machine is XP SP2. Neither
webservers or development machine are running anti-virus software, I am aware
there is a problem with some anti-virus software, however that does not apply
to this. Any ideas?

Lars Netzel

Check the IIS setting for the Session Timeout. I have had the same problems
and I felt (after som experimenting ) that the Timeout is the lowest setting
of the two places where you can set it. So set it in both the IIS and in the
web.config. I actually went I step further and set it on the session itself
in runtime when a user logs into our application.

/Lars

Guest

Ya IIS session is set to 90 as well, and i did notice that an ASP session is
not being created because I do not call any asp pages only .net