session expires quickly

Rahul Kansara

Hi e'body,
I have an application developed in ASP.Net and have installed on iis
server. The problem i am encountering is when I try to access the
application through Internet explorer from one of the client, my
session expires as soon as i login to the application. This works fine
on another machine.

Do any one have idea about this

Thanks in advance

Rahul

alex bowers

Hi
Session state appearing to expire immediately will be
caused by the browser settings on the client machine.
asp.net maintains session state by passing a cookie to
the client. If the client won't accept this cookie from
the server then it will act as though the session state
has expired when you try to access the session object.
On the client machine check tools|options within internet
explorer, then look at the privacy tab which controls
accepting cookies - something here maybe blocking cookies
from your server.

regards,
alex