    cooky's. After each load the session-object is empty. When directly opening
    the page from domain Y (without the frameset) everything works ok. Does
    anyone knows why this is happening en what can be done to make it work?

    Ronald, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Ronald

    Don Verhagen Guest

    "Ronald" <> wrote in message
    news:hqbeb.16407$...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a frameset on domain X in which an ASP-page is loaded from domain Y
    > into one of the frames. It seems that the ASP-page is not handling any
    > cooky's.

    You mean cookies? Domain X cannot read/access Domain Y's cookies. It's a
    security thing.

    >After each load the session-object is empty. When directly opening
    > the page from domain Y (without the frameset) everything works ok.

    > Does anyone knows why this is happening en what can be done to make it

    work?

    Use a database or hidden form fields.

    Don

    Don Verhagen, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > > I have a frameset on domain X in which an ASP-page is loaded from domain
    > > into one of the frames. It seems that the ASP-page is not handling any
    > > cooky's.

    > You mean cookies? Domain X cannot read/access Domain Y's cookies. It's a
    > security thing.
    >

    > >After each load the session-object is empty. When directly opening
    > > the page from domain Y (without the frameset) everything works ok.

    > > Does anyone knows why this is happening en what can be done to make it

    > work?
    >
    > Use a database or hidden form fields.

    I don't want Domain Y to read cooky's from domain X. I just want domein X
    read cooky's from domain X when a page from domain X is in a frameset from
    domain Y.

    Ronald, Sep 30, 2003
  4. You can't work across domains and get any sort of reliability with cookies,
    session objects, etc etc etc.

    --
    William Morris
    Product Development, Seritas LLC

    WIlliam Morris, Sep 30, 2003
  5. When DomX retrieves the page in the Frames the "session" is between
    the DomX and DomY, not with the user. Remember that Y is receiving the
    request from X, not from the user.

    The user's session is between the user and DomX, not with DomY.

    So you have one session between the User and X and another session
    between X and Y,....and "never the two shall meet" as far as I know.

    I don't know of a workaround with "sessions".

    --

    Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]

    WAND-TV (ABC Affiliate)
    www.wandtv.com