Session from asp to aspx

Meir Rudovsky

I have asp page which has iframe to host aspx page. Since , the main
application (asp page) has session values , i need these values be passed
to aspx page in iframe. But, i found out that session cookies are not the
same.
Is there any way to pass session values from asp to aspx ?

Guest

isn't using a shared database a little overkill ?

anyway, knowing that in cookies you can only store strings, the querystring
seems to be the best solution, eventough its length is limited

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It's up to you to decide which technique fits best for your application, but
in general I'd say it is NOT overkill to use a database to share data
between separate (but related) software systems. In fact, that's one of the
main reasons databases were invented.