    to aspx page in iframe. But, i found out that session cookies are not the
    same.
    Is there any way to pass session values from asp to aspx ?

    Meir Rudovsky, Apr 14, 2005

  2. You could share values in a common database, or pass values via javascript &
    querystring.
    The easiest way would likely be to use a third party product to handle it,
    such as this one:
    http://www.consonica.com/solutions/statestitch/

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 15, 2005

  3. isn't using a shared database a little overkill ?

    anyway, knowing that in cookies you can only store strings, the querystring
    seems to be the best solution, eventough its length is limited

    =?Utf-8?B?S29lbg==?=, Apr 15, 2005
  4. It's up to you to decide which technique fits best for your application, but
    in general I'd say it is NOT overkill to use a database to share data
    between separate (but related) software systems. In fact, that's one of the
    main reasons databases were invented.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP