    session variables when I move from classic to asp.net.
    Any ideas on how to do it?

    http://www.usenet.com
    rkmoray, Jun 23, 2004

  2. rkmoray

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/converttoaspnet.asp

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

    Teemu Keiski, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Session variables can't be "shared" between asp and asp.net. You can find
    some clever ways to pass them into asp.net, however. (Use a database,
    etc...)

    Steve

    Steve Caliendo, Jun 23, 2004
  4. rkmoray

    Raterus Guest

    You know, I don't think anyone has ever asked that question before...

    Raterus, Jun 23, 2004
  5. There is no single great way to share session state between ASP and ASP.NET.
    But that doesn't mean you don't have options.

    Here are some common ways:
    * Store the data in a common database
    * Pass data from page to page on the QueryString
    * Store the data in cookies
    * Use a 3rd party session sharing component
    (Here's one:
    http://www.consonica.com/solutions/dotnet/statestitch/index.html)
    * Use COM Interop to provide an object that both sides can access that
    handles the data.
    Here's an example of the latter:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp

    --