Session.LCID problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by b_boy, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. b_boy

    b_boy Guest

    Hi all,
    I recently downloaded a calendar that i am trying out for a client. It works
    fine when i test it on my machine..however when i test it on the hosts
    server it can't handle the date format. when i run it i get the following
    error
    Error:

    Type mismatch: 'DateValue'

    /calendar/inc_default.asp, line 77

    Code:

    If Request("iDate") <> "" Then
    This is line 77----> iDate = DateValue(Request("iDate"))
    Else
    iDate = date
    End if

    I thought the LCID value for Germany which is where the host's server is.
    When i do this it works...(horray!) but it also changes the days and the
    months to German(awww!) Is there any way to avoid this? PLease help, i got
    this pain in my head that won't go away. Any other suggestions?There's not
    much in support for the calendar as its free. Its DUcalendar from duware.com
    maybe someone else has experienced something similar?

    Many thanks in advance

    b_boy, Oct 16, 2003

  2. b_boy

    Ray at Guest

    What's the value of request("iDate") and is that request.form, querystring,
    etc.? Specify that in your code.

    Response.write request.FORM("iDate")
    response.end

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 16, 2003

  3. b_boy

    b_boy Guest

    Without LCID value
    16/10/2003

    with LCID value for Germany
    16.10.2003

    hmmm...

    b_boy, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Uh, convert it to a string and replace . with / or vice-versa?

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 16, 2003
  5. b_boy

    b_boy Guest

    I'm trying...i'm trying, i can convert it to the dd.mm.yyyy format but i
    think i need to convert it back to date format otherwise the application
    won't work Type mismatch error again! Maybe i'm not doing it right. I'm not
    sure there's a date function that will keep the dd.mm.yyyy format in place..

    b_boy, Oct 16, 2003
  6. b_boy

    b_boy Guest

    hmmm, that's a no then.