Session Lost On Popup Close

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by aiasso, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. aiasso

    aiasso Guest

    Hi All,

    Need big time help with this one. I'm using Forms Authentication with
    an ASP.NET (VB.NET) web app, and everything is fine until the client
    opens a popup window using javascript on the client side. The problem
    is that when they close the popup window (either closing the window
    with the X button or with the close method on the java popup, and then
    go to navigate in the main window again (the one that launched the
    popup) the session state is lost. The request does not authenticate (I
    watch it in the global.asax on the server side) and the User object is
    Nothing. Any ideas?

    To recap--they log in, navigate around, no problems. Click on a link
    that opens a popup and then close the popup, and cannot because they
    are logged out, even though the original window is still open.

    Tried to use cookieless forms authentication as well, with munged URL's
    and I still have the same problem.

    Thanks,
    Anthony

    Anthony Iasso