Session Lost On Popup Close

aiasso

Hi All,

Need big time help with this one. I'm using Forms Authentication with
an ASP.NET (VB.NET) web app, and everything is fine until the client
opens a popup window using javascript on the client side. The problem
is that when they close the popup window (either closing the window
with the X button or with the close method on the java popup, and then
go to navigate in the main window again (the one that launched the
popup) the session state is lost. The request does not authenticate (I
watch it in the global.asax on the server side) and the User object is
Nothing. Any ideas?

To recap--they log in, navigate around, no problems. Click on a link
that opens a popup and then close the popup, and cannot because they
are logged out, even though the original window is still open.

Tried to use cookieless forms authentication as well, with munged URL's
and I still have the same problem.

Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony Iasso