    I have spent a LOT of time trying to figure this out, or find an
    answer online. I have come across a few other posts, but no one
    repsonded to them. I am desperate for help!

    DigitalFusion, Sep 1, 2006

  2. "DigitalFusion" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have an app on an intranet which uses the response.contenttype in
    > ASP to create a word doc. The issue I am having is that when this doc
    > is generated and opened, the session is lost. We have tried everything
    > up to this point, setting timeout in IIS, refresh scripts, etc, until
    > we realized it has something to to do with the Word document.
    >
    > I have spent a LOT of time trying to figure this out, or find an
    > answer online. I have come across a few other posts, but no one
    > repsonded to them. I am desperate for help!

    How have you come to the conclusion that the session is lost?
    Does the word document open in the browser window or is it downloaded and
    run in Word?
    What browser are you using?

    Anthony Jones, Sep 1, 2006

  3. DigitalFusion

    Michaelk Guest

    Pretty sure it's not exactly what you were doing, but I just opened a few
    word documents
    in the same browser where was runing asp pages. Got back on the original
    page, and have same session id
    and all session variables in place. So seems the Word itself didn't kill my
    session.
    In any case can you fire up new window with asp generating and opening this
    this doc?
    And may be at the same time on origianl page fire some easy process on timer
    30-40 sec to keep it alive,
    just in case if somebody will be sitting and reading your word doc too long.

    Regards,
    Michael

    Michaelk, Sep 10, 2006