Session lost with IIS Content Rating

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by SteveS, May 4, 2004.

  1. SteveS

    SteveS Guest

    Hello, this problem is driving me nuts! I am using the Content Ratings
    (RSACi) for my website. The settings strictly "G" rated - No violence, sex,
    nudity or offensive language. I have a user who also has his "Content
    Advisor" turned on. For some reason, the session is lost for the user
    ONLY after he runs a javascript function on the page, then clicks submit.
    Make sense? If he clicks submit without first running any javascript ,
    then the page submits correctly. I have no idea how to work around this.
    Do yo have any ideas????

    This problem can easily be reproduced:

    1) Set "Content Rating" to be enabled in IIS
    2) Copy the code below into your own .asp page in a virtual directory.
    3) Enable the "Conent Advisor" in IE
    4) Open this page
    5) Click the button "Add to Session Variable" a few times. This will add the
    letter "A" to the session variable
    6) Click the link "Run any javascript function"
    7) Click the button "Add to Session Variable" and notice all the A's go
    away, meaning the session variables are gone.

    Why does this happen???? Is there a work around for this? Please let me
    know any ideas you may have.

    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP :)

    SteveS

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <% Option Explicit %>

    <form name="Form1" method=post action=TestContentRating.asp>
    <%
    response.Write("This session variable was updated this many times: " &
    session("testme"))
    session("testme") = session("testme") & "A"
    %>
    <input type=submit value="Add to Session Variable" ID="Submit1"
    NAME="Submit1">
    function</a>
    <script lang=javascript>
    function RunAnyJavascriptFunction() {