Session Management

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by thejamie, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. thejamie

    thejamie Guest

    Being new at web in general and starting in over my head
    (http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Uploa...denVb11102005083632AM/SessionWebGardenVb.aspx),
    I'm hoping to get some general direction on implementing an interface. In
    the article above, there are public listings of two interfaces Session and
    SessionManager.

    Specifically I am receiving this error:

    Error 1 Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared
    method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the
    class. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\Default.aspx.vb 41 12 SQLPoorMon

    AND

    a bunch of these:
    Error 10 Class 'SessionManager' must implement 'Function createSessionId()
    As String' for interface
    'ISessionManager'. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SessionManager.vb 18 16 SQLPoorMon

    I am unsure of a method of dealing with an interface. For example, does the
    declaration of the interface belong in the default.aspx or should it reside
    in with the SessionManager class? How is the interface implemented? Is
    there a call required from default.aspx similar to what might occur using a
    WithEvents call? Does the interface need to be pre-registered in the GAC
    before it can be implemented?

    Help appreciated.
    --
    Regards,
    Jamie

    thejamie, Mar 7, 2007

    (http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/karthik_mcc/SessionWebGardenVb1110
    2005083632AM/SessionWebGardenVb.aspx),
    > I'm hoping to get some general direction on implementing an interface. In
    > the article above, there are public listings of two interfaces Session and
    > SessionManager.
    >
    > Specifically I am receiving this error:
    >
    > Error 1 Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared
    > method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the
    > class. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\Default.aspx.vb 41 12

    SQLPoorMon

    > AND
    >
    > a bunch of these:
    > Error 10 Class 'SessionManager' must implement 'Function createSessionId()
    > As String' for interface
    > 'ISessionManager'.

    C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SessionManager.vb 18 16 SQLPoorMon

    > I am unsure of a method of dealing with an interface. For example, does

    the
    > declaration of the interface belong in the default.aspx or should it

    reside
    > in with the SessionManager class? How is the interface implemented? Is
    > there a call required from default.aspx similar to what might occur using

    > WithEvents call? Does the interface need to be pre-registered in the GAC
    > before it can be implemented?
    >
    > Help appreciated.

    Try asking in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    this group here is for Classic ASP

    Anthony Jones, Mar 7, 2007