    immediatley terminated upon my second login session.

    Can anyone possibly suggest a method of getting this sort of functionality.

    Many Thanks

    Lloyd Taylor, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Lloyd Taylor

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Session is ASP.NET objects that actually run by dedicate IHttpModule.
    ASP.NET dies after predefined time (web.comfig) that the user didn't do
    any action on the server. your demand to let the use know that session
    is going to end enforce connection to the server to get elapsed time
    therefore session wont end ever. if you want to achieve your desire
    behaviour you need to create you own "Session" and managed that session
    expiration. With your own session you can request the server in fix
    intervals and display the user counting the time down. your second
    demand to terminate existing session when the user create new session,
    can also be achieved using custom session. since asp.net session
    represent browser requests to server and technically your user can open
    two browser and open new session from each browser (and you want just
    one active session).

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377