    non-issue. Does anyone know why doing something like this with
    StateServer is not possible? Does StateServer do some kind of domain
    name check? Can this be turned off?
    jamezw, Jun 21, 2005

  2. jamezw

    Bruce Barker Guest

    to keep session data seperate by application, a key is added to the session
    id.

    - the sqlserver state manager uses the iis vdir root path as the key
    - the outof proc stateserver uses the url path as the key.

    to fix the outof proc state manger, you could use url rewriting, though i'd
    use the sqlsever manager, as it supports failover, and doesn't have memory
    limits.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jun 21, 2005