Session object is NULL in HTTP handler

Guest

Hi,

I have written a simple HTTP handler (inherited IHttpHandler) to handle
requests for specific extensions. Basically it works. However when trying to
access the context.Session object inside the "public void
ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)" method, it seems to be null reference
(context.Session is not a valid object). There are no problems with other
objects like context.Application or context.Request etc.

Other regular aspx pages in the same application have no problems at all
accessing the Session object. The problem is only when trying to access it
through the context object in an HTTP handler written from scratch.

- Is it a bug?
- Did I miss some important detail?

Additional info:
Windows Server 2003 + all updates