    is the Session data always on the server, and the browser simply passes the
    server it's unique session id?

    Thanks...

    Brian Patrick, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Brian Patrick

    Evertjan. Guest

    Brian Patrick wrote on 09 dec 2004 in

    > I'm wondering where the data is stored for Session objects. Is it
    > passed to the browser, and then passed back to the server during page
    > requests? Or, is the Session data always on the server, and the
    > browser simply passes the server it's unique session id?

    Only the session.id is stored on the client as a simple ram-cookie.

    The client browser knows nothing about [the idea of] sessions.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 9, 2004

  3. "Brian Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering where the data is stored for Session objects. Is it passed
    > to the browser, and then passed back to the server during page requests?
    > Or, is the Session data always on the server, and the browser simply
    > passes the server it's unique session id?

    Technically, it is stored within the ASP -server application process memory-
    using the GIT (global interface table).

    in asp.net there are a lot more possibilities to store data .

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Dec 9, 2004