Session Object v Data Cache

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wee Bubba, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Wee Bubba

    Wee Bubba Guest

    hello.

    i have some lookups tables which I need to store when a user logs in.
    the data with these tables is user specific. also this data needs to
    be accessed for every page so I want to store it somewhere.

    i can store these dataTables in the session object or I can store them
    inside the data cache using a unique identifier as the key.

    i realise that if i place this data inside the session object then the
    memory will get freed as soon as the user logs out. but the data is
    non updateable and i also know that the data cache offers quick
    access and memory scavenging.

    can anyone offer me ideas as to what the core differences are? when
    should I use one and not the other? are there performance
    differences? thanks.
    Posted at: http://www.GroupSrv.com
    Check: http://wwww.HotCodecs.com
    Wee Bubba, Jan 27, 2005