Session objects do not persist on different web pages... why that happens ?

Newcomsas

Hello.
I'm rather used to include Session in my ASP classic projects and of course
once a Session has a value assigned it is possible to retrieve it from all
over the web site.

This is not happening in a C# .NET project I'm working at the time. I set a
value for 3 Sessions in a 'login' page and everything works fine (I found
out the correct contents in the tracing informations). Problem is: when the
user after authentication is redirected to the site's main page everything
disappears and even in the 'Session State' section of the tracing no session
or values are reported.

Is there an explanation for such a behaviour ? Is there a way to make
sessions genereted by a page readable from other pages in .NET ?

I thank you in advance for any help

Newcomsas

Newcomsas

Well, you were right, thank you. In effect I tried to delete a
Session.Abandon row several hours ago and it didn't work.
I repetead the operation after your post and now the Sessions appear
correctly... By the way I also added a <sessionstate tag in the web.config.
Probably the fact it lacked was the reason why the sessions did not work.