    which has less overhead?

    I'm guessing the custom httpcontext obj on both, if I'm wrong could someone fill me in.

    Thx
    Chance Hopkins, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Chance Hopkins

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    What do you mean by custom httpcontext obj?

    --

    -----------
    Got TidBits?

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 2, 2003

  3. an object set like this:

    System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.CallContext.SetData(ContextKey,CoreContext);

    Chance Hopkins, Nov 3, 2003
  4. "Chance Hopkins" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > an object set like this:

    System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.CallContext.SetData(ContextKey,CoreContext
    );

    That sort of context has nothing to do with HttpContext.
    --
    John
    John Saunders, Nov 4, 2003
  5. do you know if it have "less or more" overhead than an iis/aspnet session object? as far as memory and read/write time

    Chance Hopkins, Nov 4, 2003
  6. "Chance Hopkins" <> wrote in
    message news:#...
    > do you know if it have "less or more" overhead than an iis/aspnet session

    object? as far as memory and read/write time

    I don't know. Which is saltier, apples or oranges?
    --
    John

    > > "Chance Hopkins" <>

    wrote in

    John Saunders, Nov 4, 2003
  7. **** you

    Chance Hopkins, Nov 4, 2003
  8. "Chance Hopkins" <> wrote in
    message news:#...
    > **** you

    How very professional.

    My point was that you're asking the wrong question. The other type of
    context has nothing at all to do with ASP.NET. Forget you ever heard of it.
    --
    John

    > > "Chance Hopkins" <>

    wrote in

    John Saunders, Nov 4, 2003
  9. your an idiot, I'm using it successfully...and that wasn't my question.

    cause it WORKS!!!

    Chance Hopkins, Nov 4, 2003