session objects vs.custom httpcontext obj

Chance Hopkins

which if faster?

which has less overhead?

I'm guessing the custom httpcontext obj on both, if I'm wrong could someone fill me in.

Thx

Chance Hopkins

an object set like this:

System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.CallContext.SetData(ContextKey,CoreContext);

John Saunders

Chance Hopkins said:
an object set like this:
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.CallContext.SetData(ContextKey,CoreContext
);

That sort of context has nothing to do with HttpContext.

Chance Hopkins

do you know if it have "less or more" overhead than an iis/aspnet session object? as far as memory and read/write time

Chance Hopkins

**** you

John Saunders said:
Chance Hopkins said:
do you know if it have "less or more" overhead than an iis/aspnet session
object? as far as memory and read/write time

I don't know. Which is saltier, apples or oranges?

John Saunders

Chance Hopkins said:

How very professional.

My point was that you're asking the wrong question. The other type of
context has nothing at all to do with ASP.NET. Forget you ever heard of it.

Chance Hopkins

your an idiot, I'm using it successfully...and that wasn't my question.

cause it WORKS!!!