Session Quicky

Guest

What (if there is one) is the limit for the amount of data that can be
referenced in a session? I (think I) understand that session is like a
pointer, referencing data rather than actually storing it, but is there
actually a limit of how much can be referenced?
Cheers,
jsale

Hans Kesting

jsale said:
What (if there is one) is the limit for the amount of data that can be
referenced in a session? I (think I) understand that session is like a
pointer, referencing data rather than actually storing it, but is
there actually a limit of how much can be referenced?
Cheers,
jsale

I don't think there are limits as in "you can only store 100 values".
However, all session values for all sessions need to be kept somewhere
so this will quickly add up for a busy site.
You might want to keep the total *memory* used as low as possible.

Hans Kesting