Session restarting for every page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GD, Jan 9, 2007.

  1. GD

    GD Guest

    I have an ASP .Net 1.1 app where I am trying to store some values in a
    session object. The problem I am encountering is that the Session appears to
    restart for every page loaded and also for every page refresh.

    I have enableSessionState="true" set in the page directive of each of the
    pages affected and the web.config file has the following entry

    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    />

    I also have an issue with Cookies in that they refuse to be saved (yes, the
    expiry date is being set). I was under the impression that it could be
    Internet Explorer's cookie settings but even if I allow all cookies from all
    sites the problem persists.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

    Thanks

    Gary Dunne
    GD, Jan 9, 2007

  2. GD

    bruce barker Guest

    try deleting all your cookies (in IE).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jan 10, 2007

  3. GD

    GD Guest

    Thanks but .... problem solved .... Zonealarm was running, just turned if
    off and everything is fine now.

    Gary

    GD, Jan 10, 2007