Session resurrection

nn

Hello

I have ASP.Net application configured to use cookies for session.
For some reasons I can't move to cookieless model.
I need access to session created in this application without cookie.
I tried pass session id through url (like in cookieless mode). But this
dosen't work. I know that this works in Java.while application is
configured in cookie mode.

How to do this in ASP.Net? How to access application session without
cookie, when we have only session id and application is configured in
cookie mode?

ps. I have one solution based on redirects and cookie creation based on
session id passed in query string. But this is a bit complicated :-|.

Marina

If you started out cookiless - how do you know the sessionid? Are you going
in debugging on the server?

In any case, when you change the session state type, you are modifying
web.config, which means that the application is restarted and all current
sessions are dropped (which is fine, since you are changing how they are
processed anyway).

And why is it that you have this need to convert an application to start
accessing sessions without cookies in the middle all the time? Configure it
the way you want it, and then leave it alone.

nn

Marina said:
If you started out cookiless - how do you know the sessionid? Are you going
in debugging on the server?
I'am starting in cookie mode and I'd like access session through session
id without cookies.
In any case, when you change the session state type, you are modifying
web.config, which means that the application is restarted and all current
sessions are dropped (which is fine, since you are changing how they are
processed anyway).

And why is it that you have this need to convert an application to start
accessing sessions without cookies in the middle all the time? Configure it
the way you want it, and then leave it alone.

My application is working in hosted IE control. Sometimes IE control
looses cookies (When I open new window from hosted IE control, sometimes
new window doesn't have session id in cookie).

I have web application written in java and in this environment I can
pass session id in java style to java web application configured in
cookie mode and I have access to correct session object. I'd like to do
the same in ASP.Net, but when I pass correct session id in ASP.Net style
to ASP.Net application I have access to NEW session object with
different session id.

Marina

But in this case, your asp.net app is either configured to use cookieless
sessions - or not. It's not like it can use regular session in the first
window, and then somehow use the cookieless version when the new window is
opened - it's either one or the other.