Session.session not maintained

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Saville Kaufman, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is OK. Any ideas?

    Saville Kaufman, Jul 23, 2004

  2. do you use a proxy server?
    Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting for
    the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?

    "Saville Kaufman" <Saville > wrote in
    message news:...

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 24, 2004

  3. Hi Egbert

    I do not use a proxy server and I do not block cookies.

    Maybe this can throw soem light:
    Domain uses framed web hosting. Cold this have an effect?

    Thanks

    Saville

    Saville Kaufman, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Hi Egbert,

    No proxy, and I don't block cookies.

    The fact that I am using framed web-forwarding, could this be the cause?

    Saville Kaufman, Jul 24, 2004
  5. IE is protected against cookies in framing as soon as the cookies come from
    another host than the real URL you want to see in the webbar.
    I'm not quite known with framed web forwarding but as soon as the host name
    differs from the HTML headers, which also contain a host-header, cookies
    won't work anymore

    "Saville Kaufman" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 24, 2004