Session State and Address bar question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by BubbaThree, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. BubbaThree

    BubbaThree Guest

    I started having these problems Monday, I believe but I am not sure that our
    corporate office deployed some security patches???

    First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET 7.1.3088
    on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1) the IE address bar has
    http://localhost/Projects/(zpthtrn2armpusfzos2fnh45)/Default.aspx the stuff
    in parenthesis was not there before Monday., The stuff in parenthesis
    changes each time I start a new session.

    My other problem, occurs when I use the application, If I press a button
    that does a Server.Transfer everything appears to work, but when I use anchor
    links <a href=???> I get an error message saying:

    Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
    either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

    I have session state enabled in the Web.config file and in the page header.
    I appears as if I start a new session.

    Any ideas?

    BubbaThree, Nov 17, 2005