Session State and Address bar question

BubbaThree

I started having these problems Monday, I believe but I am not sure that our
corporate office deployed some security patches???

First of all, when a go to my Web Application (written in ASP.NET 7.1.3088
on .Net framework 1.1.4322 sp1) the IE address bar has
http://localhost/Projects/(zpthtrn2armpusfzos2fnh45)/Default.aspx the stuff
in parenthesis was not there before Monday., The stuff in parenthesis
changes each time I start a new session.

My other problem, occurs when I use the application, If I press a button
that does a Server.Transfer everything appears to work, but when I use anchor
links <a href=???> I get an error message saying:

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true,
either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

I have session state enabled in the Web.config file and in the page header.
I appears as if I start a new session.

Any ideas?