    path, so it's not that we're accidentally changing domains. any idea what's
    happening?

    tks

    Dica, May 2, 2005

  2. Dica

    Mark Schupp Guest

    What OS?
    Does it happen every time or erratically?
    Is the home page in the same virtual directory as the login page? Same
    folder? If in different folder, is one or the other inadvertently set to be
    an application?

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, May 2, 2005

  3. Dica

    Dica Guest

    "Mark Schupp" <> wrote in message
    > What OS?

    windows 2000 advanced server
    > Does it happen every time or erratically?

    every time

    > Is the home page in the same virtual directory as the login page?

    yes

    Same
    > folder?

    yes

    If in different folder, is one or the other inadvertently set to be
    > an application?

    i thought there might have been a problem with one of the include files on
    the login or home page killing the session objects, so i created a totally
    new page without any includes and attempt to response.write the session
    values, but 's still blank. new test page is in the same folder as the
    login.

    Dica, May 3, 2005
  4. Dica

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Have you worked through everything in this list:

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2157

    Create a simple page that demonstrates the problem and list the code here.
    Something like:

    <%
    If Trim(Session("myvar")) = "" Then
    Response.Write "not here"
    Session("myvar") = "i'm here"
    Else
    Response.Write "session var=" & session("myvar")
    end If
    %>

    should change from "not here" to "i'm here" when refreshed. Does it?

    --
    Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, May 3, 2005
  5. Dica

    > Have you worked through everything in this list:
    >
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2157

    thanks mark. your link led me to the problem - the subdomain has an
    underscore character in it.

    Dica, May 3, 2005