Session state getting reset, don't understand why...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Grant Rettke, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Grant Rettke

    Grant Rettke Guest

    Hi folks,

    ASP.NET 1.1 question for you folks.

    I'm working on a web aplication that stores some objects in the session.
    What is happening is that after I reach a certain page, the session is
    reset. Here is the information:

    1. Cookies are enabled.
    2. Session is 'InProc'.
    3. Session_Start is implemented in Global.aspx. Here 3 objects are
    placed
    into the session.
    4. The user logs in. Form authentication is not used here. At this
    point,
    some user information is placed into the session.

    Here is the flow:

    1. Start the app. 3 objects in the session.
    2. User logs in. 4 objects in the session.
    3. User views a web page with programatically generated links that point
    back to the website.
    4. User clicks on the link. When the page is loaded, a new session is
    created and Session_Start is called again (the session ID is different,
    just to be sure).
    5. I looked in the browser, and the ASP.NET session ID is present.

    So, this isn't a matter of the session getting cleared, it is a matter
    of
    it gettign reset when the user clicks a link that goes back to the site.
    Since the cookie is still in the browser, I'm not sure why a new session
    is started.

    Any ideas?

    Grant Rettke, Mar 16, 2005