Session State Loss in mismatched web site Instance ID

Martin Kulov [MVP]

Hi,

I am wondering if this problem is still valid for ASP.NET 2.0.

"To maintain session state across different Web servers in the Web farm, the
application path of the Web site (for example, \LM\W3SVC\2) in the Microsoft
Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase must be the same for all of the
Web servers in the Web farm. The case also needs to be the same because the
application path is case-sensitive."

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325056

The article does not say if the problem is relevant to ASP.NET 2.0.

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks,
Martin Kulov

www.kulov.net

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Martin,

From the KB itself, it only mentioned ASP.NET 1.0, 1.1, and since I also
haven't definite answer on this, I'll help you ask some other ASP.NET
engineers to confirm this. I'll inform you as soon as I get any update.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Martin,

Sorry for keep you waiting. As for the kb article, based on my further
research, so far there is no definte record for this issue in ASP.NET 2.0
application. Are you suffering the same problem in your ASP.NET 2.0
Application?

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:14:24 GMT
Subject: RE: Session State Loss in mismatched web site Instance ID

Martin Kulov [MVP]

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Martin,

Sorry for keep you waiting. As for the kb article, based on my further
research, so far there is no definte record for this issue in ASP.NET 2.0
application. Are you suffering the same problem in your ASP.NET 2.0
Application?

Hi Steven,

I am not expriencing the problem, but was asking out of curiosity.
Still I think the issue is pretty important. Isn't there anyone that can
confirm in the ASP.NET team?

Thanks,
Martin Kulov
www.kulov.net