Session State - lost sporadically and frequently

Guest

Hello -

I have an application that uses the default session state from Visual Studio
..Net 2003:

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="60"
/>

It works fine for me on my own machine but when I put it up on the host
server, it losses the session state sporadically and quite often (like within
five minutes). How should I have it set to avoid this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS

Session data gets lost each time the application restarts. For some reason
your host server is restarting. If you invistigate why he does it I think
you will find the problem.

Let me know if you have any more questions..

Cheers,
Tom Pester

Klaus H. Probst

If you're running on 2003 it's possible that the application pool under
which your app is running is somehow recycling? I've seen that happen
sometimes.

Five minutes seems a bit extreme though, so if that's the reason there must
be something wrong with the pool or something in it. Try moving your app's
virtual directory to run under a separate pool and see if that solves the
problem. By default everything you do in IIS goes under the default pool.

Guest

Hi Sandy

I would try setting up the application to use SQL Server to maintain Session
State as well (see MSDN for details). 'InProc' seems to be the least robust
way of managing session state, and there are a number of things that can make
the ASP worker threads lose their sessions.

Paul