Session State question

Rob

I have a problem where the session state will not be enabled on the server.
We are using Framework 1.1, a non-Sql Server database, and will be moving the
application to a web farm in the future. Is there any way to keep the session
state on a relational database that is not Sql Server? If so, how?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rob

Uli

Hi Rob,
do you have to use a database?

Maybe a state server can do the same job.
mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=server:port" (e.g. tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424)
The port has to be 42424

The service "aspnet_state" must run on the state server.
You can find the service in :
%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\VersionNumber\aspnet_state.exe

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Uli