    state on a relational database that is not Sql Server? If so, how?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Rob

    Rob, Oct 11, 2006

  2. Rob

    Uli Guest

    Hi Rob,
    do you have to use a database?

    Maybe a state server can do the same job.
    mode="StateServer"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=server:port" (e.g. tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424)
    The port has to be 42424

    The service "aspnet_state" must run on the state server.
    You can find the service in :
    %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\VersionNumber\aspnet_state.exe

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,
    Uli
    --
    Wer nicht fragt, stirbt dumm.
    If you don't ask, you'll die as a dumba**.

    Uli, Oct 28, 2006