session state that is no longer available

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by rwoo_98@yahoo.com, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I read a number of the posts, but was not able to solve my problem. I
    have a number of MobilePages. Basically each pages consists of a
    Lists. The users selects a item, a postback occurs and the user is
    redirected to another page, using --
    RedirectToMobilePage("Page_m.aspx", false);

    It works fine until the user clicks on the back button. The previous
    page displays correctly, but the postback nolonger works. When you
    select an item, you get the error

    Exception: The page requires session state that is no longer available.
    Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session
    cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing
    the history size or session expiry limit.]
    System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.OnViewStateExpire(EventArgs
    e) +45

    System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
    +313
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18

    Web.Config

    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    />

    <!-- GLOBALIZATION
    This section sets the globalization settings of the
    application.
    -->
    <globalization
    requestEncoding="utf-8"
    responseEncoding="utf-8"
    />
    <mobileControls
    cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.CookielessData" />

    This happens on IE and Firefox. This does not happen on AudioVox PIE.

    Thanks,

    Roger

    , Sep 23, 2005

    Also, found something else peculiar. If I click on a link in the list,
    and then click on another link on the same page before the page is
    redirected, I get the dreaded error.

    Can anyone from Microsoft provided any insight.

    Thanks,

    wrote:
    > I read a number of the posts, but was not able to solve my problem. I
    > have a number of MobilePages. Basically each pages consists of a
    > Lists. The users selects a item, a postback occurs and the user is
    > redirected to another page, using --
    > RedirectToMobilePage("Page_m.aspx", false);
    >
    > It works fine until the user clicks on the back button. The previous
    > page displays correctly, but the postback nolonger works. When you
    > select an item, you get the error
    >
    > Exception: The page requires session state that is no longer available.
    > Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session
    > cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing
    > the history size or session expiry limit.]
    > System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.OnViewStateExpire(EventArgs
    > e) +45
    >
    > System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
    > +313
    > System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18
    >
    > Web.Config
    >
    > <sessionState
    > mode="InProc"
    > stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    > sqlConnectionString="data
    > source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    > cookieless="false"
    > timeout="20"
    > />
    >
    > <!-- GLOBALIZATION
    > This section sets the globalization settings of the
    > application.
    > -->
    > <globalization
    > requestEncoding="utf-8"
    > responseEncoding="utf-8"
    > />
    > <mobileControls
    > cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.CookielessData" />
    >

    > This happens on IE and Firefox. This does not happen on AudioVox PIE.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Roger

    , Sep 27, 2005

    I figured out the problem. In mobile controls, the viewstate is tied
    to the session. My mobile form pages inherited from a base page reads
    session variables into class variables and on prerender the session is
    cleared and the class variables are read back into the session. This
    mechanism was established to strategically use session variables and
    prevent session variables from being created willy nilly.

    , Sep 27, 2005