Session State Variables

Guest

I'm losing session state variables during my debug session. Basically, I've expanded on web development - worked with web site for about 4 months now without problems. I'm adding code to web pages - and now I lose session variables and/or the Page_Load function is being called twice when rendering controls (first time IsPostBack = True, then IsPostBack = False where session variables are lost).
What is causing this - and if this is the debugger - then how am I supposed to debug my ASP.NET.
I'm dead in the water here - and need advice - please advice!

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi,

I have lose a session variabe, unless a new session is created. to check
this add a breakpoint in the session_onstart method.
Regarding the Page_Load being called twice check if the AutoEventWireup of
the Page directive is set to false ( or maybe you assign twice the Page_Load
to the Load event

Cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,