Session State with MVC?

coconet

I am experimenting with the ASP.NET MVC bitwiths in Visual Studio
2008, and would like to know how to use SessionState. Can someone show
an example or link to an example?

Also, I would like to show a complex and rich GridView in my View,
with hyperlinks, imagebuttons, etc. Can someone point me to an example
of that?

Thanks.

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello

1. Samples about Session State in ASP.NET MVC framework
I do not find many about Session State in ASP.NET MVC framework online,
partially because the State Management works with both web forms based
pages and MVC based pages. ASP.NET MVC Framework still uses ASP.NET State
management as far as I know. ScottGu will possibly publish a sample for it
soon. See ScottGu's response in his blog:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/11/13/asp-net-mvc-framework-part
-1.aspx
"I'll cover the state management options provided by the MVC model in a
future post. There are a couple of options available (Session state is one
- we also have a TempData object that you can use to temporarily store
values across redirects)."

Here are some tutorials and instructions about ASP.NET Session State for
your reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598#2
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/87069683.aspx

In addition, the ASP.NET MVC forum http://forums.asp.net/1146.aspx is a
good place to consult ASP.NET MVC Framework-related questions, where some
developers of the framework may do favors to fix users' issues.

2. Samples of complex and rich GridView

GridView inside a GridView sample:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/GridViewInsideGridView.aspx

RadioButtons inside a GridView sample:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/GridViewRadiobuttons.aspx

Multi-selectable GridView sample:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/05/CuttingEdge/

Displaying Images in a GridView Column sample:

ImageButton in a GridView: (see dreamzor's reply)
http://forums.asp.net/p/1110689/1709784.aspx

Add hyperlink fields to a GridView sample:
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxtreme/webforms/controls/addinghyperlinkfi
eldstoGridView.aspx

Hope it helps.

If you have any other concern, or need anything else, please feel free to
let me know.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications. If you are using Outlook Express/Windows Mail, please make sure
you clear the check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to
see your reply promptly.

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello

I am sorry. I can hardly find any samples about complex GridView for
ASP.NET MVC Framework online because the framework itself is still quite
new. There are not enough learning resources available. But I believe the
ASP.NET MVC forum http://forums.asp.net/1146.aspx will be a better place
for MVC framework related questions because some developer of the framework
are over there, and you will get help from more qualified pool of
respondents. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.