    not an option. Is there anything I can do to the code, or settings on IIS
    6.0 to allow this to work? ps: I've already tried the 5.0 setting in 6.0.
    TIA Doug
    =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=, Nov 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=

    Chris Botha Guest

    I have three apps running on different 2003 servers with IIS 6 using this
    technique without a problem, except the Java script on the hidden page does
    a "Form1.submit()" every 5 minutes instead of refresh.
    Something to look at as well may be the session timeout on the server.
    Also browsers prior to IE 5.5 (some servicepack) could have different
    sessions for each frame, so test from the same browser.
    A rarity (but we had it at a customer) is if you have a shortcut and IE
    opens to a "file://" URL somewhere on disk, like a Web page on a shared
    network folder, rather than "http://", and there is a hyperlink on the disk
    page to the Web app, then the frames had this problem (can you believe it,
    but it was or maybe still is a known bug).

    Chris Botha, Nov 12, 2005

  3. I've got 3 frames withing the frameset, I can issue a refresh to each of
    them, but unless I do a refresh on the frameset itself, boom goes the
    session. I just doesn't make any sense, I'll give the submit a whirl tho.
    thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=, Nov 12, 2005
  4. That didn't work. I can be working in the "main subject frame" manually
    posting and requesting data, and it will still timeout

    =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=, Nov 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=

    Chris Botha Guest

    Do you have a anti-virus program on the server? If so, disable it and test
    again.

    Chris Botha, Nov 12, 2005
  6. Well, I switched from InProc to SQLSever mode, and that fixed the problem.
    Now I have a new one. How to do clean up , if the user closes the browser.

    I attached a delete trigger to the asptempstatesession table, but, that
    seems to fire everytime SQLServer checks for expired sessions.

    Do you have any other suggestions, how to do cleanup, if the user closes the
    browser????

    TIA Doug

    =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=, Nov 16, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    normally a scheduled job is created sqlagent (the install should of done
    this) to run the cleanup. the server is not notified when the browser
    closes, so there is no notification for cleanup. the session id is stored in
    a session cookie, so the browser should delete the cookie when it closes.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Nov 16, 2005