Session Timeout error- when browser not used for more than 5 minut

Guest

We get " Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "
error in all the links whenever the browser is not used for more than 5
minutes.
In IIS 5.0 version we are setting the session time out to 60 minutes.
Please let me the know solution if any knows the answer.
Thanks
GP

Kumar Reddi

Are you using session variables in those pages? If you are, your session is
timing out, please check to see that you havent changed the timeout setting
anywhere in your code. If thats not the case. Open the EventLog and see if
theres any message saying aspnet_wp.exe getting recycled. If worker process
gets recycled, you lose all the session data too. So, please check the event
log for any error messages

Guest

yes,I am using Session variables in the form.On the error log I see the
message..
aspnet_wp.exe (PID:2544) stopped unexpectedly.
Please let me know what is solution for the Session timeout when the browser
is not used more than 5 minutes.
Thanks
GP

Kumar Reddi

well, the solution is to find out why your aspnet worker process is dying.
;) What was the reason listed under the error message in the event log

Guest

Even I checked the machine config file the responsedeadlock seems to be set
to 00:10:00 .I don't understand why the Worker process is failing.
Any further help is appreciated.

Kumar Reddi

I repeat, what is the reason listed under the error message "aspnet_wp.exe
(PID:2544) stopped unexpectedly." in the event log? Nothing?

Guest

There is no reason listed under the event log. we just see this message the