    the parent, or retain the default (20 min)...?

    desired result: Nested virtual inherits the parents session timeout (60 min)

    ??
    alien2_51, Jul 18, 2003

  2. "alien2_51" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an ASP.Net application running one level above the root web server.
    > The root web server is configured for a 60 min session timeout.

    Hi
    Q316448 sais that this attribute is about SECONDS not about minutes. And it
    is a per request timeout (between stateserver and webserver).
    When you use StateServer mode in session state attributes, you can specify
    an additional attribute, stateNetworkTimeout. This attribute specifies the
    number of seconds that a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
    (TCP/IP) network request can be idle before the request times out.
    So this attribute
    < timeout="60" -->
    Should not be removed :)

    > If I omit the timeout setting in the web.config eg..{
    > <sessionState
    > mode="InProc"
    > stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    > stateNetworkTimeout="10"
    > sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user

    id=sa;password="
    > cookieless="false"
    > <!--***remove this line --- timeout="20" -->
    > />
    > }
    > for the nested virtual, should I expect to inherit the session timeout

    from
    > the parent, or retain the default (20 min)...?

    Yes, it should inherit. Unless it has it's own application settings.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 19, 2003