Session Timeout Not working, ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aryan, May 30, 2006.

  1. Aryan

    Aryan Guest

    Hi,
    I have put my session related parameter in web.config under
    system.web, given below is the code for same.

    <system.web>
    <sessionState timeout ="1440" mode ="InProc" />
    </system.web>

    this session timeout is not working out, as this shows me login page
    again if i dont do something for more then 20 minutes.

    I am using ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 both in my application, so for ASP i
    have set session timeout property in Global.asa for 1440 minutes, and
    for ASP.NET i have set in under web.config file. So ASP page is working
    fine for Session, but for .NET pages its not working. Can any one tell
    me where am i wrong???

    Thanks in Advance
    Manoj Singh.

    Aryan, May 30, 2006

  2. Aryan

    NumbLock Guest

    "Aryan" <> wrote in news:1148990463.474673.222720
    @r44g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    > I have put my session related parameter in web.config under
    > system.web, given below is the code for same.
    >
    > <system.web>
    > <sessionState timeout ="1440" mode ="InProc" />
    > </system.web>
    >
    > this session timeout is not working out, as this shows me login page
    > again if i dont do something for more then 20 minutes.
    >
    > I am using ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 both in my application, so for ASP i
    > have set session timeout property in Global.asa for 1440 minutes, and
    > for ASP.NET i have set in under web.config file. So ASP page is working
    > fine for Session, but for .NET pages its not working. Can any one tell
    > me where am i wrong???
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Manoj Singh.

    There are two different types of timeout. One is an authentication
    timeout (which redirects you to a login page) and the other is a session
    timeout (which drops all session vars). I set the session timeout in
    global.asax session_start by using session.timeout. IN your webconfig,
    you can set the authentication timeout by editing this tag:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms timeout="1024"/>
    </authentication>

    I believe that both timeouts default to 20 minutes so if you want your
    session to time out before your auth, set the <forms timeout="30"/> or
    something.

    --
    *~!NumbLock!~*

    NumbLock, May 30, 2006

  3. Aryan

    Aryan Guest

    Hello friends,
    I am worried about Authentication timeout. I am using ASP and ASP.NET
    both in my application, so i am logging to my application using ASP
    session and ASP Form's so my questions are like ;-

    1. Will ASP.NET pages get redirected to ASP login page, if i set
    Authentication Timeout to 1440(which is 24 hours)

    2. Putting Session Timeout for sesstion states is different then
    Authentication Timeout or they will use the same.??

    3. My purpose it to redirect to user after 1440 mintues back to ASP
    login page.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Manoj Singh

    Aryan, May 31, 2006