Session timeout .... please help... very urgent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FsdmluIEtE?=, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone,
    I need help urgently.
    I have a C#.Net app which uses cookies for state management. Everything has
    been going fine until recently we've expanded the app
    and a few more screens were added and quite a few more cookies were required
    to hold data across pages. Now i just found that at one specific spot, when
    clicking the button, using Response.Redirect("abc.aspx", false) to go to the
    abc.aspx page. As soon as the the click event finished (exited) and before
    the target page (abc.aspx) is loaded, the app kicked me out and took me back
    to the Login page.
    After the login details are entered (again), it then loads up the target
    page (abc.aspx) and from that point on, it seems to occur (session timeout)
    at almost every Response.Redirect() commands. It also clears out all my
    cookies as well.

    I use FormsAuthentication and my session timeout (in web.config) is set to 20.
    Can some one enlighten me as to what is the possible cause of this please.
    I've ran out of hair to go gray.

    Can this be caused by the number of cookies that my app has? I set my
    non-persistant cookies to expire after 25 minutes and there are approx 10 to
    15 cookies in the particular area that has the problem.

    My Web.config file is as follows:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="abc" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="20"
    path="/"></forms>
    </authentication>
    <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="..."
    sqlConnectionString="data source=...;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false" timeout="20"/>

    Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. I really need it urgently.

    Thanks
    Calvin

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FsdmluIEtE?=, Jun 26, 2006