Session var lost using InProc or StateServer mode

MG

On my development machine my application works fine but on the
deployment server my session variable gets lost after a postback on a
webform. By doing a watch on the Session object I can see that the
SessionId is changing and the mode is StateServer. (I changed from
InProc to StateServer to try to fix the problem but it didn't have any
effect.

Details:
- Win 2k Server/IIS 5.0/.NET Framework 1.1
- I have disabled virus protection.
- The StateServer service is running.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Michael

John Saunders

Is there an underscore character ("_") in the name of your deployment
server? There's a known bug in that case.