Session variable being reset by global.asa

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by joled@rcn.com, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,
    It looks like a session variable that I created in the global.asa is
    being reset by the global.asa when you return to a pge in the virtual
    root directory.
    Ex.
    /vroot/index.asp - website home page
    /vroot/global.asa - sub session_onstart
    session("loggedin") = N
    end sub
    /vroot/login/validate.asp - sets session("loggedin") = Y
    /vroot/music/index.asp - hitting this page shows loggedin=Y
    /vroot/contact - hitting this page shows loggedin=Y
    /vroot/index.asp - shows loggedin=Y
    - there is no code in this page that sets
    loggedin=N
    *then hitting any other page loggedin=N

    My only guess as to what is resetting loggedin=N is the code
    in the global.asa file. Has anyone run into this before or know
    if it may be a setting on the IIS server that causes this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Joe

    , Mar 24, 2005

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2157

    --
    Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
    See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 24, 2005

  3. jl Guest

    index.asp does not reset nor change the session variable which is
    why I think it is timing out for some reason. My website is hosted
    by ipowerweb and I do not have access to the IIS admin app, it
    took me 2 1/2 days to find someone there that knew what a virtual
    directory is and how to configure one. Do you know of anything on
    the IIS side that may be affecting this?
    Joe

    jl, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Thomas Guest

    hehe i like the workaround for #10 :)

    Thomas, Mar 26, 2005
  5. jl Guest

    It looks like it was a setting on the server that has been changed to
    resolve this issue. Thanks for the ideas!
    Joe

    jl, Mar 30, 2005