Session variable crossing Browser sessions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I thought that Session Variables were limited to the time that a particular
    browser session was open (if set to non-persistant).

    I find that if I run Mozilla and go through a couple of pages, then open
    another instance of the Browser and find that all my session variables are
    there, even though I haven't got to the pages that set them. If I open a
    3rd instance of the browsers all the session variables are there, also.

    If I open IE, however, this is not the case. Whether Mozilla is open or
    not - each instance of IE has its own session variables.

    This is a real problem.

    Why does Mozilla not do it correctly or at least the same as IE?

    Is there a setting I have do to prevent this?

    Thanks,

    Tom.

    tshad, Feb 21, 2005