Session Variable For A Sequel Trigger

GJones

Is there away to capture a session variable value from IIS
and use it in a SQL 2000 trigger with out passing it as a
part of a string query. I just want to capture it somehow
systemically.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Jones

Tom;

I do not know how to get it from where it is being held in IIS over to
Sequel without passing it in a string query. The need originates
because I have a before trigger to track changes on a table but for the
delete the session user name never gets passed because it is a delete.

Got any ideas on how to do it without passing it as a string?

Thanks for your help

Bob Barrows

GJones said:
Is there away to capture a session variable value from IIS
and use it in a SQL 2000 trigger with out passing it as a
part of a string query. I just want to capture it somehow
systemically.

Thanks,
Greg

No, you will not be able to use a trigger for this. Instead, create a stored
procedure to which you pass the value as a parameter, and have the stored
procedure do the task that you are intending the trigger to do. You will
need to remove DELETE permissions on the table so all deletions will need to
be done via the stored procedure.

Bob Barrows

TomB

Not sure I fully understand, but how about setting up a stored procedure,
that is called from ASP. This Stored Procedure would take the user name as
a parameter and could then delete whatever needs to be deleted, and update
the "tracking" table.

Just a thought