Session Variable not updated

Mig29

For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
and I can change its value within the same script but when
I go to another page, the session variable remains
unchanged.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

I'm running XP and IIS 5.1

Bob Barrows

Mig29 said:
For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
and I can change its value within the same script but when
I go to another page, the session variable remains
unchanged.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

I'm running XP and IIS 5.1

Do any of these apply?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303881
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316112
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173307
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281298
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;184574
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182891

Bob Barrows

Evertjan.

Mig29 wrote on 14 sep 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
and I can change its value within the same script but when
I go to another page, the session variable remains
unchanged.

Why would you set a session varable in global.asa ?

That is more a session constant ;-)