Session variable randomly mixed or lost?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Xavi Espi, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. Xavi Espi

    Xavi Espi Guest

    Hi,

    Windows 2000 Server SP3
    IIS 5.0
    NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 SP1

    SessionState="InProc"

    Antivirus deactivate

    No changes on main files (web.config, machine.config, \bin)

    No exist Active Directory (changes in ACL are not exist)

    In machine.config LogLevel="All"

    No events registered in Event Viewer.

    aspnet_wp.exe not recycled never.

    Scenario:
    Web site accessed by multiple users at the same time. Some user data are
    stored in a session variables. Randomly one user view data of another
    user.

    It ocurrs in two different machines.

    What can be?

    Sorry!

    Xavi Espi, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Post in one of the ASP.NET groups, as you are unlikely to get the question
    answered in a traditional ASP group. And, post some of the code when you do,
    as there are things you could be doing that cause this.

    Also, what is the amount of time before you see this. Immediately after sign
    on or later? Could be a timeout issue.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 6, 2006

  3. Xavi Espi

    Xavi Espi Guest

    It's not a question of session timeout. I checked this.

    This only occurs (usually) when two or more sessions (users) do request
    at the same time.

    I can hear in some forums that public shared (vb.net) variables maybe
    global in application scope???

    I generate page using some user controls. There's a problem with these?

    After review all steps, I only have two things to do:
    - Migrate to NET Framework 2.0 to determine if is a bug in NET Framework
    1.1.
    - Review again my code

    Thanks for your help

    Xavi Espi, Oct 9, 2006