Session variables and cookies are incorrectly accessible between applications

Galina Grechka

Hi, I have a really bad problem with ASP.net application. It seemed fine
until it was tested in multisession environment. When 2 users access the
same aspx page at the same time sometimes the session variable of first
session is visible to second session instead of his own session
variable.
In Web.config file session mode is set to InProc and cookieless="false".
Nothing changed when I change cookieless="true". Then I replaced session
variables with cookies and it still didn't correct the problem. What can
be wrong? How session variables can be accessable to another session if
they are saved in cookies? How cookies are accessable to another
session?

Thanks
Galina

bruce barker

they aren't. its a coding error on your part. you are probably storing
session variables as shared or in vb module.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hi, I have a really bad problem with ASP.net application. It seemed fine
| until it was tested in multisession environment. When 2 users access the
| same aspx page at the same time sometimes the session variable of first
| session is visible to second session instead of his own session
| variable.
| In Web.config file session mode is set to InProc and cookieless="false".
| Nothing changed when I change cookieless="true". Then I replaced session
| variables with cookies and it still didn't correct the problem. What can
| be wrong? How session variables can be accessable to another session if
| they are saved in cookies? How cookies are accessable to another
| session?
|
| Thanks
| Galina
|

| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Galina Grechka

I create session variables in aspx.vb file - code behind aspx page.
Where am I suposed to do this?

Galina Grechka

The problem was that by defauld aspx page can be cached on web server. I
specified Location="Client" in OutputCache directive and it fixed the
problem.